The most recent report since eBay spun off Paypal shows the staff is predominately men. Of the 12,600 employees globally, men comprise 62% of the workforce, while women make up the remaining 38%. Men dominate leadership roles (68%) and make up 78% of technical staff.
The company's U.S. workforce has better race and ethnicity numbers with 52% white employees. The majority (65%) of U.S. tech staff is Asian. Damien Hooper-Campbell, eBay's chief diversity officer who came on board last June, acknowledges there is work to do to improve the numbers. But the company should get an A for continuing to be transparent, especially as a new survey found that employees believe their companies are more diverse than they actually are.
Image: eBay LD